The suite of three courses on offer are introductory courses covering HPC fundamentals, basic usage of ICHEC systems (Intro to HPC) and fundamental parallel programming paradigms (OpenMP and MPI).
The ICHEC web site provides further information on each course, including pre-requisite knowledge, indicative timetables, etc. Please have a look to see if the courses are suitable for you:
- Introduction to HPC (1 day course)
- Introduction to OpenMP (1 day course)
- Introduction to MPI (1 day course)
- Admission to this course is limited to:
- Students and staff affiliated with an Irish third level educational institution.
- Staff from organisations that have an active partnership agreement with ICHEC.
- Courses typically starts 9.30am in the morning and ends arounds 4-5pm.
- There's a large emphasis on the hands-on sessions which usually take up about 50% of the time of each course.
- You should bring your own wifi-equipped laptop to the event to carry out the hands-on exercises. Wireless internet access will be available at the venue, including eduroam login.
- Software requirements for your laptop:
- SSH client
- Windows: We recommend PuTTY
- Mac OS X / Linux: A SSH client should be part of the OS.
- X Windows environment
- Windows: We recommend Xming and that the following two packages be downloaded and installed prior to the course...
- Mac OS X: X11 installed by default with Mac OS X Leopard (10.5) or later; otherwise an optional install of Xcode from the Mac OS X media (CD/DVD) may be required.
- Linux: nothing to be done if using a GUI version of Linux (e.g. Ubuntu Desktop).
- This course is organised in collaboration with Suzanne Little at CLARITY, DCU.
When & Where
Irish Centre for High-End Computing
For enquiries, please contact:
+353 1 5241608 (ext 25)