ICHEC Training Courses on HPC and Parallel Programming
Tuesday, 4 June 2013 at 09:30 - Friday, 7 June 2013 at 17:00 (IST)
The suite of three courses on offer are introductory courses covering basic usage of ICHEC systems and fundamental parallel programming paradigms. The courses are typically delivered together as a 4-day event but you may tailor your registration to attend specific ones of interest.
The ICHEC web site provides further information on each course, including pre-requisite knowledge, indicative timetables, etc. Please have a look to see if the courses are suitable for you:
- Introduction to HPC (1 day course)
- Introduction to OpenMP (1 day course)
- Introduction to MPI (2 day course)
- Courses typically starts 9.30am in the morning and ends arounds 4-5pm.
- There's a large emphasis on the hands-on sessions which usually take up about 50% of the time of each course.
- You should bring your own wifi-equipped laptop to the event to carry out the hands-on exercises. Wireless internet access will be available at the venue, including eduroam login.
- Software requirements for your laptop:
- SSH client
- Windows: We recommend PuTTY
- Mac OS X / Linux: A SSH client should be part of the OS.
- X Windows environment
- Windows: We recommend Xming and that the following two packages be downloaded and installed prior to the course...
- Mac OS X: X11 installed by default with Mac OS X Leopard (10.5) or later; otherwise an optional install of Xcode from the Mac OS X media (CD/DVD) may be required.
- Linux: nothing to be done if using a GUI version of Linux (e.g. Ubuntu Desktop).
When & Where
Irish Centre for High-End Computing
For enquiries, please contact:
+353 1 5241608 (ext 25)