Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
15th August - 5th September Wednesday Adult Learn to Kayak Course - Dublin
Wednesday, August 15, 2012 at 7:00 PM - Wednesday, September 5, 2012 at 9:30 PM (BST)
Learn to kayak this year
Our Learn to Kayak Level 2 skills courses are fully certified from Canoeing Ireland and will teach you all you need to know to join a kayak club and go kayaking safely. By the end of your kayaking course with us on the lake, river or canal, you will have the skills necessary to move onto one of our introduction to whitewater courses and the confidence to enjoy it!
Our Learn to kayak Level 2 skills course contains the following:
- We select the right equipment for you and explain why
- Explain what everything is: Kayak, Paddle, Helmet, Cag, Spraydeck etc..
- Talk about safety on the water: Weather, Kayaking Experience, How many people is safe
- Cover the basic paddling strokes: Forwards, Backwards, Turning and Stopping
- The more advanced techniques: Edging, Low brace turns, Low Braces, Draw Strokes
- Go for a little trip along the river
- Play some games and have lots of fun
- Learn how to fall out of your kayak (only if you want)
- Get an intro to moving water
- Kayak, Paddle, Helmet, Buoyancy Aid, Cag, Wetsuit, Spraydeck
At our location at Lucan Demense, See the map or click here http://g.co/maps/qvcsa
It runs for 4 Tuesday evenings over 4 weeks and will give you the skills you need to be confident in a kayak and join a club.
What do you need?
All you will need is a towel, swimming togs, Old runners for in the water, A long sleeved top like a rash vest or some other type made from synthetic fibres nylon etc. ( No Cotton please )
The course costs €140
When & Where
Outdoor Discovery Adult Kayaking
For more info see our website www.outdoordiscovery.ie or call us on Office: 0906400111 Mobile:087 2721245
Outdoor Discovery Adventure Company