The Irish Ocean Literacy Network is the working name of a new, informal network aimed at bringing together relevant institutes, agencies, SMEs, NGOs, individuals and educators on the island of Ireland who are currently involved in, or would like to become involved in, working towards the vision of “achieving an Ocean Literate Irish society”.
The aims of the network are:
- To create a network of ocean literacy champions on the island of Ireland
- To facilitate collaboration, sharing and coordination of marine outreach and ocean literacy projects on the island of Ireland
- To maintain a facilitator who will acts as a central contact and dissemination point for the network
- To generate ideas and support initiatives and opportunities for collaboration network members
- To support and grow the membership of the network
- To provide a platform for engagement with government officials
- Introduction to the Irish Ocean Literacy Network
- Validation of draft Terms of Reference
- Network name and branding
- Discussion of Membership options
- How to engage with government
* Please note that this meeting will take place immediately after the closing address of the European Marine Science Educators Association conference http://www.event-ful.co.uk/events/emsea2016. However, delegates for the IOLN meeting are not required to register for the EMSEA conference.