28 September - CoderDojo Drogheda
Saturday, September 28, 2013 from 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM (IST)
At Coder Dojo Drogheda our aim is to encourage young people to get into computing and to be really good at it! There are lots of jobs and start up opportunities for good programmers – and as far as we can see there always will be. We are initially focusing on those in second level aged 13-17 but are also accepting those at a younger age if accompanied by a parent.
No prior programming experience is required – if you are honestly interested in computing come a long and try it out! Like all Dojo’s we try to make it relaxed, fun, cool and interesting.
No lectures or classroom approaches here – it’s 100% hands-on coding with the help of volunteer mentors to pass on their knowledge and keep you challenged!
- Please bring a fully charged laptop if you have one - we computers available should you not have one.
- If you don't have a laptop bring a USB key so you can take code & info home with you
- Tickets are FREE but if you would like to donate all monies will go back into supplies, venue hire, lunch, etc. for the kids attending - organisers and mentors are volunteers and give of their time freely.
- We can't take anyone under 8 years old - sorry!
- Ages limited to 8 - 17
- Those under 12 must be accompanied by a a parent for the entire duration of the class.
- We normally supply pizza but feel free to bring a packed lunch.
- This event is run by volunteers and as such please be nice, patient and if you can help with sponsorship, laptops, mentoring or any other aspect please don't hesitate to contact us!
See http://zen.coderdojo.com/dojo/60 for more.
When & Where
CoderDojo Drogheda on the Boyne
Coder Dojo Drogheda & Dundalk are voluntary computer coding clubs for those 8 - 17 years of age.
NOTE: TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE TO BOOK 7 DAYS IN ADVANCE OF EACH DOJO DATE.
One Rule: Be cool!