Actions and Detail Panel
Barista Skills Foundation [SCAE Certified]
Tue 11 April 2017, 10:00 – 17:00 IST
The SCAE Barista Skills Foundation class
[Barista Level 1]
Prices from 175pp - 195pp + Certification
The SCAE Barista Skills Foundation course focuses on the key skills required to work as a barista, working on essential barista skills to prepare you to work in the industry.
Coffee Culture are recognised as the market leaders in Barista Training in Ireland, training professional baristas nationwide. At our training academies we insist on
- low class numbers - maximum 5 per class
- no queing at espresso machines or grinders
- qualified AST trainers and facilitators to deliver professional training.
- We are training baristas since 2009.
- All of our training is delivered to World Class Competition Standard.
If you would like to work as a barista, in a cafe or speciality coffee bar this is the class for you.
What we provide
- Free Coffee - chose from three different Coffee Culture blends to use in the class on the day and make as many coffees as you like.
- Free Milk - practise latte art all afternoon with a fridge full of Avonmore Fresh Full Fat milk
- Free Wifi
The Course Content
- Where does coffee come from - cultivation, growing and regions
- How to make an espresso - competition standards
- Troubleshooting your espresso
- Sensory Evaluation - How to taste espresso
- Introduction to Milk Chemistry
- Steaming milk and creating milk texture for latte art
- Introduction to basic Latte Art shapes.
- Keep the machine clean and hygienic
At the end of this class, you will be able to walk up to any espresso machine and confidently make an espresso, texture milk and add the two ingredients together.
No previous barista experience is required for this course, but some experiene is an advantage.
Accreditations and Certification
- International SCAE certification is optional and can be selected upon booking or paid for on the day. Cost €60
- A Coffee Culture certification of attendance is awarded to every student after the course. Included.
About the SCAE Coffee Diploma System (CDS)
The SCAE - Speciality Coffee Association of Europe is the awarding body for 'The Coffee Diploma System' [CDS]. This is an internationally recognised system of professional qualifications for Specialty Coffee. Each module within the CDS is certified - and every module has three levels, Foundation, Intermediate and Professional.
Each level and course contributes a number of points towards a Diploma (this course = barista level 1 = 5 points). Once 100 points have been earned the barista received a Coffee Diploma.
For more information, see the Education page on the SCAE website.