Civil society’s role in creating real change
Saturday 18th June, 10.30 am – 3.30 pm
Facilitated by Claiming Our Future, Round Room at the Mansion House, Dublin 2
Our representative political system is failing to respond to the core challenges of global and local inequality and climate change that face us.
There is widespread acknowledgment that new ways of organising politics and decision making are required. Civil society has a major role to play in making more effective democracy and meeting the needs of all people.
It is vital that all parts of civil society concerned with social, economic, environmental and global justice and equality come together to reflect, connect and imagine new strategies for transformative change at this important time in our society.
10.30 Welcome and Introduction
11.00 A Celebration of Civil Society Action
11.30 A Reflection on Civil Society Action
Three deliberations on the challenges faced by civil society in…
1. Building agendas for change
2. Devising strategies for change
3. Connecting and cooperating for change
13.30 Imagining the Future
Two sets of shared explorations of new possibilities…
1. What does the future context look like?
2. What does the future civil society look like?
14.00 A Proposition for the Future
Three deliberations on practical steps and action to …
1. Ensure agendas animate and build power
2. Strategise for transformative change
3. Connect and work together