Actions and Detail Panel
CLOUD COMPUTING PRIMER – GTC2A
Fri 12 May 2017, 09:00 – 17:00 EDT
Note: Some subsidised places may be available on this course, please contact us to check.
Every few years, a major shift in computing and Information Technology strategy comes along. One of the latest such innovations is Cloud Computing. Part technology innovation and part financial strategy, Cloud Computing holds tremendous potential for organizations of all shapes and sizes.
This course provides foundational knowledge in Cloud Computing components, foundational technologies, architecture, design, and business value. Attendees are provided with a broad survey of Cloud Computing concepts and given an opportunity to explore Cloud from multiple angles. Concepts are reinforced through analysis of real world case studies and group discussion.
General audience including business and technology team leadership
There are no formal knowledge pre-requisites.
If you have any questions or doubts as to whether you meet the pre-requisites for this course, or indeed are wondering which course best suits you, please consult with us to discuss your suitability for course attendance.
1. THE RISE OF THE CLOUD
- Where did Cloud Computing originate?
- Cloud Computing
- Wikipedia Entry
- Five Attributes of Cloud Computing
- Cloud Computing Examples
- The Cloud Computing Spectrum
- Understanding by Analogy
- What is so special about Cloud?
- Synergy is Powerful
- Moving to the cloud
- By the Numbers
2. CLOUD COMPUTING VALUE PROPOSITION
- Why does Cloud matter?
- Cloud Value Proposition
- Cloud Value Business Case #1
- Cloud Value Business Case #2
- Cloud Value Business Case #3
- Cloud Value Business Case #4
- Cloud Business Cases
- Do Clouds Compute?
- 1. Select Expected Benefits
- 2. Identify applicable cost scenario
- 3. Calculate initial, simple return
- 4. Calculate returns for on-going usage
3. CLOUD COMPUTING COMPONENTS
- The Cloud Computing Stack
- Cloud Computing Components
- Tightly Coupled Enterprise
- Breaking the Silos
- Understanding SOA
- Applying SOA to the Cloud
- Cloud Computing without SOA
- Cloud Component – Virtualization
- Applying Virtualization to the Cloud
- Cloud Component – SaaS
- Applying SaaS to the Cloud
- Web 2.0 Should I upgrade?
- Web 1.0 vs Web 2.0
- Applying Web 2.0 to the Cloud