CoderDojo Dundalk covers several other topics in its regular session, including: Scratch, HTML & CSS, 3D modelling, Java and Python. This is driven by coder interests, so if you want to learn about something else, let a mentor know!
Standard booking information:
- Only those attending the Dojo need a ticket - if you're a parent supervising your child, you don't need to book a ticket for you, only for your child.
- Book a ticket for each Dojo session you want to attend, a ticket to one session doesn't apply to the next one.
- If you CAN bring a laptop, please book a laptop ticket and bring it along. If you don't, don't worry as we have some computers available and you can book a PC ticket!
- If you don't have a laptop, be sure to bring a USB key so you can take your code, notes and other information home with you
- Tickets to CoderDojo Dundalk are FREE, but if you would like to make a donation on the day there will be a collection tin in the main room, all money collected will go back into lunch, supplies etc. for the kids attending. The money will not be used to pay for organisers and mentors - these are volunteers and give of their time freely.
- We can't take anyone under 7 years old - sorry!
- Those under 12 must be accompanied by a a parent for the entire duration of the class.
- Bring along a packed lunch and a drink, as there are no shops in the immediate vicinity.
- Car parking on the DkIT campus is free at the weekends, and there are plenty of spaces directly in front of PJ Carroll's (the big brown glass building).
- This event is run by volunteers and as such please be nice, patient and if you can help with sponsorship, laptops, mentoring or any other aspect please don't hesitate to contact us!
- If your child suffers from an alergy or special needs please let one of the mentors know