￼DCU Sports Coaching Masterclass Workshop Series 2014
The DCU School of Sports Science and Health are pleased to present the following series of workshops to take place on alternative Wednesdays in the Spring semester.
These workshops have been designed to cover areas of performance coaching that have been shown to be of great value in performance sports settings yet aren't traditionally covered in formal coaching qualifications. The workshops offer the opportunity to learn from highly successful elite coaches who are happy to share their own experiences, ideas and methods with aspiring coaches and interested parties. The format and content will be suitable for coaches and managers from all sporting backgrounds.
The primary areas covered across the workshops will be:
- Leadership in coaching
- Developing a performance environment in your coaching setting
- Creating successful teams
- Management in coaching
- Self development for the good of your athletes and teams
- Wednesday 12 February 7.30-10pm
- Wednesday 26 February 7.30-10pm
- Wednesday 12 March 7.30-10pm
Each session will consist of two presentations delivered by highly experienced coaches/managers followed by a discussion forum at the end. There will be a short break between each session and refreshments will be provided.
A number of different contributors from various sports have been carefully selected to cover the areas chosen.
- Billy Walsh – European, World and Olympic medal winning boxing coach and leader of the Irish Boxing High Performance Unit. Former Coach of the Year
- Liam Sheedy - All Ireland winning Hurling coach with Tipperary
- Gary Keegan – Irish Institute of Sport Chief and the coach responsible for developing the high performance unit of Irish Boxing
- Rory Fitzpatrick - Coach to Annalise Murphy, Ireland’s recently crowned European Champion and Olympic sailor
- ...Plus more!
Queries should be directed to David.firstname.lastname@example.org Lecturer in Coaching Science and Education.
€35 plus booking fee for all three workshops
There will be a limited number of places so book early to avoid disappointment.
When & Where
David Passmore/Orlaith Curran
Contact if needed on email@example.com