Digital Ireland Forum: Global 2.0
Ireland is now a key location for high-tech, mobile, internet, media and games companies. Digital transformation is part of their DNA. Success in growing and fostering these next-generation sectors are key to our competitiveness and jobs growth in Ireland.
The next generation of business will be internationally focused, providing digital services to customers in real-time in markets around the world. Ireland needs to ensure it continues to attract and develop these new model companies.
Through focus and leadership we can harness our unique ecosystem for servicing a digital world from a truly Digital Ireland.
Topics to be addressed at the sixth Digital Ireland Forum: Global 2.0 include:
- 21st-century infrastructure
- The digital export opportunity
- An ecosystem for digital entrepreneurs
- Attracting emerging tech companies
- The industries where we can be winners
- Talent: securing the best and brightest
- The Europe advantage
- International competitors examined
Bill McCluggage, CIO, Department of Public Expenditure and Reform
Former Northern Ireland Chief Information Officer (CIO) and Deputy CIO for the UK cabinet Bill McCluggage was recently appointed chief information officer by the Irish Government. McCluggage will take responsibility for the development of the ICT strategy for the Irish Government and the wider public service. As Director of e-government and then-CIO for Northern Ireland, McCluggage led the development and successful implementation of a range of strategies that transformed Northern Ireland’s public services’ interface with the citizen and the delivery of public-sector services. As Deputy Government CIO in the Cabinet Office in London, he led a multidisciplinary team that developed the government’s national ICT strategy
- Edel Flynn, CEO, Digital Hub Development Authority
- Herb Hribar, Group CEO, eircom
- Liam Halpin, General Manager, Dell
- Maurice Mortell, Managing Director Ireland, TelecityGroup
- Tanya Duncan, CEO, Interxion
- Colm O'Neil, CEO, BT Ireland
- Anna Scally, Partner, KPMG
- Karl Flannery, co - founder & CEO, Storm Technology
Check back for speaker updates and more.
When & Where
Inspirefest is a truly unique international festival of technology, science, design and the arts, which also happens to place diversity and inclusion at its heart.