(DSS) Educators' intro. to tech. for students who are deaf/hard of hearing
Introduction to AT for students who are deaf/hard of hearing:
What will I learn?
- What is assistive technology (AT).
- Advice on students using the computer well to make best use of Assistive Technology.
- To use literacy support software for students with language difficulties
- About using mindmaps for more visual student to:
- § plan their written work – essays, projects etc.
- § make their notes, study and revise.
- § teach these students with more visual materials
- About features in iPads and on Windows to support need of students who are deaf/hard of hearing
- About students using assisted listening systems in the classroom and tips for teachers/SNAs on same.