Actions and Detail Panel
(DSS) Technology for writing support
Wed 16 November 2016, 15:00 – 17:00 GMT
Tech. for writing support:
What will I learn?
- What is assistive technology (AT).
- Advice on using your computer well to make best use of your Assistive Technology.
- About touch-typing resources and advice.
- About alternative keyboards to suit different students.
- About Dragon Naturally Speaking software - you talk and it types what you say.
- About free spelling support and text prediction.
- To use the writing support features in Read & Write literacy support software.
- About free software to proof read your written work.
- About mindmapping software that can help with planning essays, projects etc.
- How to get access to electronic learning materials and texts.