Aim: Times have changed. Nowadays those two midfielders might rule the skies but are surrounded by a ring of scavenging half backs and half forwards who take the ball off them.Games were usually won by winning most of the 15 individual battles on the field. If your two towering midfielders dominated in the air then everything would fall into place.
This workshop will examine how coaches can develop practices that are both variable and relevant in a games context that help on using and keeping possession well
- Activities to improve primary possession ball winning skills, i.e. from puck outs.
- Develop the technical skills required in each phase of catching the high ball.
- Provide exercises to help improve peripheral vision to help enhance decision-making.
- Demonstrate games to help maximise jumping ability and decision-making
- Games with the emphasis on winning breaking ball, anticipating the break, using correct body posture/ position to win the break.
Entry Requirements: Course candidates must be 18 years or over.
Appropiate fee: €5