Introduction to Bujinkan martial arts
Monday, 28 April 2014 at 18:30 (IST)
This is an eight week course offering interested people an opportuntiy to get a feel for what training in the Bujinkan Dojo style of Japanese martial arts is like.
Participants will learn:
* Junan Taiso (stretching and physical maintainance drills)
* Ukemi/Taihenjutsu (how to fall, roll and land safely when unbalanced)
* Tsuki/Keri Gata (punching and kicking skills that teach integrated body movement)
* Kihon Happo no Kata (Eight fundamental exercises for use with a partner)
* Introduction to Hanbojutsu (the basics of the use of the 3 foot staff)
More information is available at www.happobiken.com
The cost of this course is €70, which includes a training manual and a free training uniform. The training takes place in a fully spec'ed full time Japanese dojo in Harold's cross, with great facilities and free parking.
Please note: people who have done this course previously are welcome to take part again for free, as many times as they wish.