Managing the Credit Function
Tuesday, 13 December 2016 from 09:30 to 16:30 (GMT)
What tends to happen is that good Credit Controllers are promoted to become Credit Team Leaders, Credit Supervisors and even Credit Managers – just because they are so good at the job of Credit Control. Sad fact is that the skills you need for management are so different from the skills you need as a Credit Controller and many struggle with the transition and some constantly struggle get to grips with the different role. This course defines Management in a whole new way and gives the knowledge and strategies necessary to ensure your success. Once you are on the right track there are no limits to where you can go.
To succeed in credit management there are three main areas that you have to master:
- Managing Yourself – Learn proven strategies for maximum performance with minimal stress. Step by step guide to get you from where you are to where you want to be, personally and professionally. You will receive a user’s guide to the brain and other valuable resources including goal setting and prioritising tools and techniques that will prove to be valuable in the short and long term.
- Manage Your Team – Most Credit Managers were promoted because they were great Credit Controllers, you soon learn that the skills required to be a successful manager are completely different and this course aims to show you what you should be doing. Most managers spend far too much time doing and not enough time managing. This section will show you exactly how to manage your staff for maximum performance.
- Manage the Function – In this section we will look at the top line areas: Risk mitigation, tighter controls on cash and provisioning , Reporting including the content and lay out of your monthly reports and tips on reporting to the Board, enhancing your professional reputation and how to increase the profile of the department within your business.
This course starts with the two questions:
“Is every member of your staff using all their available talents every single day?” and “Do you have too much to do and too little time?” If you answered “No” to the first & “Yes” to the second, you have the solution to your all your problems right there – now find out how to make it work for you with the leading edge approach. You will learn the key management skills required to be an effective manager then what you have to do to achieve excellence. The ideas covered are simple, effective and not widely used yet in most businesses today, in time these strategies will be seen as the only way to manage, until then this course will give you the edge.
In addition to the tutor led learning, being in a room with other senior Credit Managers you will get to share experiences and solutions to situations you are experiencing that others have already overcome.
On completion of this course you will:
- Achieve clarity on your personal and professional priorities.
- Have a clear roadmap to get you from where you are to where you want to go.
- Understand how to get your staff to motivate themselves.
- Know the different personality types and traits you should be looking out for.
- Understand your staff’s triggers and learning styles to get the best out of them.
- Have a simple four question interview with each member of your staff that will change the way you manage them in the future.
- Know the difference between Management and Leadership.
- Know the ingredients to be a great Credit Manager and to clear your desk for once and for all.
- Get to focus on the big picture
The benefits of attending:
- You will view your staff in a different light and use their talents to the full
- By focusing on being organised you will have more time for yourself
- You will be able to introduce risk mitigation processes that will be commercial and sensible.
- You will increase the perceived worth of the credit function within your business.
The day is fast paced and potentially life changing and is without doubt the best course I have ever developed – Just for Credit Managers
If you think you would benefit from improving in any of the three areas outlined above. Book your place now. You can contact me directly: Declan Flood: 087 244 7052.
The cost of this course is €297 for the day that includes notes, handouts, questionnaires, staff management tools, and lots of other calculators, tools and resources you will find really useful. I look forward to seeing you there.
When & Where
Irish Credit Management Training
Irish Credit Management Training (ICMT) was set up in 2002 by Declan Flood, internationally renowned Credit Management expert, speaker and author of two books on the topic (The Best Kept Profit Secret & The Profit Mindset) and lifelong Credit professional.
Declan is The Credit Coach and through a variety of speaking engagements and training programs gives freely his knowledge, experience and material for your benefit.
Declan shows the level of importance of the role should be given a point often missed by other business leaders.
What separates ICMT from all the rest is the passion and understanding for the whole Credit Management function. This knowledge and experience coupled with a fresh view on management, communications and a lot more, delivered with positivity and common sense inspires all who hear the message.
Our Training is delivered with great energy and passion. It has been described as “A whole new way” and for very good reason; the latest courses combine all the required disciplines to ensure every participant really excels at their chosen aspect of Credit Management. It challenges the traditional view of Credit and sends participants away with a whole new perspective on the role and the function.
Chief Executive Declan Flood has been invited to speak at conferences all around the world, including Helsinki, Malta, Mexico, Germany, Amsterdam and London.