Peak Performance - The Science Behind Sporting Success
Royal Hospital Kilmainham
Thursday November 17th
20.00 – 21.30
What role does nutrition really play in your on-and-off field performance? Why is it so important to create a winning mentality? How do our bodies cope with physical extremes like the summit of Mount Everest? Are there any long-term effects of elite sports?.....
In a one off special, Science Week 2016 brings you Peak Performance at the Royal Hospital Kilmainham, where our special line up of leading experts in the field of sports performance, nutrition and physiology will be answering these questions and many more. This evening event will uncover the truth behind pushing your body to the limit and what it really means to live a healthy lifestyle. From GAA to running and mountaineering, gain insights from our expert’s truly inspiring sporting stories and learn how to apply best practice to your own performance and daily lives.
• Cathal Cregg (Roscommon Footballer/ Strength and Condition Coach Connaught GAA)
• Brendan Egan (Co- Founder FoodFlicker/ Lecturer in Sport and Exercise Physiology DCU)
• Daniel Davey (Co-founder FoodFlicker/ Performance Nutritionist to Leinster Rugby and Dublin Senior Football)
• Jessie Barr (Olympic 4x400 Relay Competitor/ Sports Psychology)
• Roger McMorrow (Consultant Anaesthetist/ Caudwell Xtreme Everest Research Expedition)