Endorsed by Ireland’s top industry professionals, the Postgraduate Diploma in Event Management with Arranged Work Experience provides far more than hours in a lecture room. Our practical skills approach means that you will get hands-on experience and learn how to do the job, rather than theory from a book. Being an Events student with Fitzwilliam Institute Group is a little bit like working in your dream events company. You will work as part of a team and prepare a real life event – from concept to delivery – for a real life client. Just like a real Event Manager.
For us, the events scene is an extension of the classroom. During this course you will visit some of Ireland’s top event venues and meet some of the most successful event managers out there.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Event Management is an industry and internationally recognised full-time 6 month course, including 3 months of practical skills in-class training, followed by 3 months of guaranteed arranged work experience within an events company, where you will be working as an event manager.
Taught and delivered by Ireland’s leading industry professionals, this course takes place in Dublin City Centre and includes:
- 3 Months in-class training, with modules covering all aspects of Event Management: event management planning, event planning documentation, coordinating events, event logistics management, marketing the event, event budget planning, event legal and risk management, corporate event management, conference event management, organising a conference, etc. In addition, in-depth Public Relations, Online Public Relations and Social Media modules are included in this course.
- 1 Live Event. During your in-class module, you will create, plan, market, deliver and debrief a real life event, based in Dublin, for a real life client.
- Site Visits. During this course you will visit some of Ireland’s top event venues and meet some of Ireland’s leading event managers, getting invaluable industry insights and contacts.
- Real Life Event Briefs. You will gain exposure to a portfolio of event types and work on several real life event briefs. You will then present and pitch these project briefs to examiners as event managers would pitch to clients. This way, you will get a wealth of hands-on experience before going on your 3 months organised work placement.
- Practical Skills Training From Leading Industry Professionals. All of our Event Management trainers are top industry professionals with several years of successful experience. The course is cutting-edge, up-to-date and relevant, and on completion all of our students are job-ready. This course also features a number of guest speakers from the industry.
- CV Preparation and Interview Technique. A special feature of this course is the time devoted to your personal development. This includes an initial personal interview with our placement officer to assess, discuss and establish your future goals and aspirations within the events field. This is followed by the careful preparation of your Curriculum Vitae, so that you have a clear and well-presented CV to submit to potential employers. It also includes interview technique and presentation skills preparation.
- 3 Months Of Arranged Work Experience With Leading Event Companies. Our work placement officer will ensure that all students secure full-time work placements within the events field. This is 100% guaranteed and arranged by the Institute, as we work closely with some of Ireland’s leading Event companies and professionals. Over 95% of our students secure full-time positions within the events industry upon completion of this course. A significant number of our graduates are senior figures in the Event Management industry today. See some of their success stories here.
As this course is accredited by the Public Relations Institute of Ireland (PRII), we offer you one of the most renowned and sought after Event Management qualifications, part of a global alliance, recognised worldwide.
If you wish to apply for this course, please contact us on 01 283 4579 or email email@example.com