Since we started MediaHQ.com our users have shared over 130,000 stories with the media. Each week over 1,000 new stories are shared and we get a bird’s eye view of what works and what doesn’t.
So what makes a great press release and what is the best way to pitch your story to journalists?
No matter how long you’re doing it – you can get better. We’re living through an age of extraordinary change and we want to help you cut through the noise by sharpening your stories and how you approach journalists.
In this new 1 day course we will look at how to perfect these two key communications skills, and we will share the secrets of 10 years in the cockpit of the Irish media intelligence industry.
On the day we will look at:
- What are the key elements of a great press release?
- What makes a perfect headline?
- How can you ensure the journalists read your story?
- Do you pitch or issue your story? How do you decide?
- Case Studies – from the great media releases to the very poor?
- What do journalists want?
- Why some stories get picked up and why some don’t.
- How journalists work – understanding deadlines and lead times.
- How to identify what type of story you have – news or feature, radio, TV or online?
Super early bird tickets are available for €299 until 3pm December 16th.
Early bird tickets are €375 from December 17th.
Full price tickets are €450.
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01) 2541845 to book your place.