RETURN TO LEARNING (FIRST STEP FOR A RANGE OF MAJOR AWARDS e.g. Healthcare)
The Back to Education Initiative (BTEI) is now recruiting for the following part-time QQI Level 4 programme:
Return to Learning General Learning - 4M2010
This part-time course gives learners an opportunity to return to education in a very supported learning environment.
It is strontly recommended as the first step back into education for those wishing to achieve Major Awards in a range of subjects at Levels 4 and 5 e.g.
- Office Skills
N.B.: Classes (modules) taken at this level the equivalent to Ordinary Level Leaving Certificate standard of education, and are therefore most suited to those who have finished their schooling after completing the Junior Certificate and/or equivalent.
Due to funding restrictions, these courses are only available to BTEI applicants who meet the eligibility for free places on course start up. Therefore, please do not apply if you are not eligible as we will not be in a position to process your application.
1. A genuine desire to return to education
2. A minimum standard of education - Major Award At QQI Level 3 and/or Junior Certificate
3. Have a level of literacy that is in line with assessment requirements.
4. Have good spoken and written English skills.
5. As relevant, a work reference from their Community Employment OR Tus Supervisor
6. Typing skills: none required
7. Successful completion of Garda Clearance for those wishing to progress to Healthcare and/or Early Childcare studies
8. Non Irish/EU applicants must have current residency status
9. Meet the eligibility for FREE fees through the BTEI e.g.
- Any form of Social Welfare payment and/or
- A current medical card and/or
- Signing for credits
- Currently employed on a Tus/Community Employment Scheme.
ADULT GUIDANCE SERVICE
Those seeking support with finding a course that suits their current learning needs are advised to make an appointment with a member of the Adult Guidance Service, Lr. New Street, Kilkenny. Tel: 056 7764448
Other Relevant Information
Finally, please note that the BTEI forwards text reminders and/or course updates to current applicants and learners who register a mobile phone.
BTEI Telephone Number: 056 7701020 (Monday - Wednesday only).
Email general queries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Save This Event
Various locations - subject to demand
BTEI, Kilkenny and Carlow Education and Training Board
Applicants interested in accessing courses through the BTEI, Kilkenny and Carlow ETB, are advised that full details of all services can be found by clicking on our website link.
The majority of courses advertised through this site are aimed at early school leavers and/or those in receipt of a JSA/JSB payment.
In general, courses are scheduled to commence once we reach the minimum number of learners required to ensure that a course is viable.
Courses offered in partnership with other agencies e.g. School of Food will be processed by the BTEI and passed to the School of Food for consideration.
All data collected is managed in line with current data protection guidelines.