Smart Connected Devices Series - Flex, Cork
IRDG is delighted to announce our new Smart Connected Devices Series for members. In today’s connected world, there’s an evolving ecosystem of smart, connected devices, machines and systems that interact and are changing our lives and businesses. In so doing, they are impacting all sectors of industry, and the opportunities for innovation are many.
IRDG’s Smart Connected Devices series will:
- Explore the IOT phenomenon and what it could mean to IRDG members
- Look at the imminent threats and opportunities businesses face and examine what will separate the winners from the losers in the connected world
- Highlight new solutions that are changing the connectivity landscape
- Share real-world examples from global companies and gain valuable insights to help members navigate this new environment
- Explore opportunities for member companies to partner and collaborate
With significant expertise across industries and emerging technologies, Flex in Cork will host our first event. On the day, Flex will also be joined by Intel, VT Networks, Tyndall and Nimbus. The day overall will feature a range of presentations, networking, panel discussions and a plant tour, all designed to inform, stimulate and inspire you.
The stellar line-up of speakers who will share their insights and expertise are as follows:
- Ms. Caroline Dowling, President of Communications & Enterprise Compute at Flextronics International Ltd.
- Dr. Juan Nogueira, Director of the Centre of Excellence for Wireless and Connectivity, Flex, Germany
- Ray Burke, Program Manager for ICT for Health, Tyndall National Institute
- Brendan O'Brien, Founder & CEO of ThinkSmart, Cisco
- Finian Rogers, IoT Ignition Lab, Intel Labs Europe
- Mark Bannon, VT Networks, SIGFOX
- Dirk Pesch, Head of NIMBUS TEC Gateway for embedded systems, Cork Institute of Technology.