Actions and Detail Panel
SSIS Design Patterns and Biml: A Day of Intelligent Data Integration
Thu 15 June 2017, 08:30 – 18:00 IST
What is Intelligent Data Integration? SSIS packages developed using tried and true design patterns, built to participate in a DevOps enterprise practicing DILM, produced using Biml and executed using an SSIS Framework.
Attend a day of training focused on intelligent data integration delivered by an experienced SSIS consultant who has also led an enterprise team of several ETL developers during multiple projects that spanned 2.5 years. And delivered.
Attendees will learn:
- a holistic approach to data integration design.
- a methodology for enterprise data integration that spans development through operational support.
- how automation changes everything. Including data integration with SSIS.
1. SSIS Design Patterns
Data Flow Performance
2. Executing SSIS in the Enterprise
The SSIS Catalog - the good, the bad, and the ugly.
3. Custom SSIS Execution Frameworks
4. DevOps and SSIS
A (Condensed) Sprint in the Life of a Data Integration Solution
Version Control and SSIS
5. Business Intelligence Markup Language
A Brief Introduction to Biml in the free utilities, BimlExpress and BimlOnline
6. SSIS Design Patterns + Biml
Putting the DILM (Data Integration Lifecycle Management) components together.
7. SSIS Design Patterns + Biml + Custom SSIS Execution Frameworks
Executing the new combinations.
8. SSIS Design Patterns + Biml + Custom SSIS Execution Frameworks => DevOps
Enterprise-class data integration with SSIS.
The target audience for this course is data integration developers and architects who want to learn more about SSIS performance, DevOps, execution, and automation.
Andy Leonard, (blog | twitter) Andy Leonard is a Data Philosopher at Enterprise Data & Analytics, an SSIS Trainer, Consultant, developer of the Data Integration Lifecycle Management (DILM) Suite, a Business Intelligence Markup Language (Biml) developer and BimlHero; SQL Server database and data warehouse developer, community mentor, engineer, and farmer. He is a co-author of SQL Server Integration Services Design Patterns, and the Stairway to Integration Services.
Registation is from 08:15am
Class is from 9:00 to 18:00 with coffee breaks and lunch