Free

To be a Successful Leader, Forget Everything you Think you Know!

Actions and Detail Panel

Free

Event Information

Share this event

Date and time

Location

Location

Online event

Event description
IUTN Webinar - “To be a Successful Leader, Forget Everything you Think you Know!”

About this event

“To be a Successful Leader, Forget Everything you Think you Know!”

Targeted at Academic and Research Staff (Trinity College Dublin)

This is The Annual Irish Universities Training Network Leadership Initiative (comprising IUA Training network, RCSI and TU Dublin), this event is sponsored by Trinity College Dublin.

This year our speaker Domhnaill Hernon PhD will talk to about his journey and his interpretation of Leadership.

In this talk he will share his own experience and observations on how the ways of doing things (aka culture) in academia and industry might be holding us back from reaching our potential. Here’s a hint - it’s not about algorithms or frameworks or paradigms or models or data or publications - it’s all about the most complex thing in the universe……..people.

Dr Hernon has had the privilege of working with some of the great intellectual minds in academia and industry. The people that are extremely successful (the top 1%) think and act differently to the other 99% in just a couple of distinct ways. Highlighting from his own personal journey he discovered that even with all his education and experience he still had major blind spots when it came to working with people – especially in deriving maximum value from his own effort by leveraging collaboration and how he helped others reach their potential as a leader.

Accessibility

In accordance with the University Equal Opportunity Policy, the Learning and Organisation Development Team aims to provide accessible facilities for all staff.  Please let us know if you have any specific needs so we can be as accommodating as possible.

IUTN

The IUTN was set up in September 1992 with the aim of encouraging and promoting collaborative development and training initiatives amongst all Irish universities.

Data Protection

Data Protection legislation, specifically the EU General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Acts 1988-2018, safeguards the privacy rights of individuals in relation to the processing of personal data. The data collected in this instance will be processed for the stated purposes only and deleted when no longer required. For further information on data protection compliance at Trinity College please see https://www.tcd.ie/dataprotection/

Share with friends

Date and time

Location

Online event

Organiser Learning & Development Team, Human Resources, Trinity College Dublin

Organiser of To be a Successful Leader, Forget Everything you Think you Know!

The Human Resources Learning and Development Unit is a team of Learning and Development professionals delivering a comprehensive programme aligned to the strategic plan of Trinity College Dublin.

We strive to provide learning opportunities and supports that encourage all staff to achieve their full potential and strengthen the skillset and experience of Trinity’s staff to help delivery on our strategic goals.

We, the Learning and Development Team, are delighted to have the opportunity to work with Trinity’s diverse and talented staff.

Save This Event

Event Saved