Actions and Detail Panel
Young Heritage, Environment & Tourism Experts Forum- Dodoma, Tanzania 26th...
Sat 11 June 2016, 09:00 – 18:00 EAT
After to the 40th session of the World Heritage Committee the Young Heritage Experts (YHE) has organized the Young Heritage Experts Forum-Tanzania.
Date: 26th November 2016
Time: 0900 to 1800 hours
Venue: Fifty Six (56) Hotel (Dodoma) the Capital City of Tanzania.
Participation Fee: Tshs 20,000/= which covers Writing Materials, Certificate, Lunch and Refreshments.
Deadline for the Application: 23th November 2016
Partners: UNESCO World Heritage & Tanzania Tourist Board
The Forum invites young heritage experts/ students from different Backgrounds aged between 18 and 30 to exchange ideas and provide input on how to manage World Heritage Sites sustainably.
The objectives of the World Heritage Young Experts Forum 2016 are as follows:
• To develop a deeper understanding of the World Heritage Convention
• To empower the young experts to develop their own sustainable initiatives in their communities in order to make World Heritage fit for the future by offering a follow-up on the activities and ideas initiated during the Forum;
• Model of a plenary debate of the World Heritage Committee including the drafting of a declaration.
Participation is open to candidates fulfilling the following criteria:
• Aged from 18 to 30
• Fluent in Swahili & English
• Involved in heritage related fields such as World Heritage Studies, (Landscape) Architecture, Urban Planning, Archaeology, Art History, Museology, Cultural Studies, Anthropology, International Politics, Geography, Tourism: students; researchers; activists; young professionals in NGOs, associations, cultural and natural organizations, museums, at heritage sites, committed to bring in their own expertise;
• Motivated to be engaged in a network of Young Heritage Experts Tanzania and eager to implement the outcomes of the forum in their home countries.
• Young experts fulfilling the criteria described above are invited to participate in the Forum.
For More details contact us:
Mobile: +255 (0)744 571052