Actions and Detail Panel
Carlow “Primary Sector Teacher Training - Full Day of Scratch Development”
Sat 20 May 2017, 10:30 – 15:30 IST
Full day of Scratch: MIT/Harvard Syllabus
This one day course has been offered due to the number of requests by teachers and principal who want a full day of pure Scratch training. It will be run on a Saturday to facilitate teachers and principals to travel and give the attendees the tools, skills and confidence to:
- Implement and advance computing and coding in their classroom.
- For those that are already delivering computing and coding this course will provide a fully approved MIT/Harvard syllabus to allow teachers to expand on their current skills portfolio.
What will be covered?
- Prepare for the culture of creative computing by exploring possibilities and setting up technical infrastructure
- Get comfortable with the key computational concept of sequence through a series of activities that provide varying levels of structure
- Play with visuals and audio in these activities focused on animation, art, and music.
- Create new interactive worlds through collaborative storytelling. Begin by developing characters, learning to code conversations, and then situating those characters and conversations in shifting scenes.
- Connect fundamental game mechanics such as score and levels to key computational concepts, such as variables, operators, and conditionals.
- Further exploring advanced concepts or helping others by designing new activities or debugging challenges.
- Put all of the computational concepts and practices into action by designing and developing a project of your own through iterative cycles of planning, making, and sharing.