Actions and Detail Panel
(DSS) Technology for students who are blind/visually impaired
Fri 25 November 2016, 14:30 – 16:30 GMT
What will I learn?
- What is assistive technology (AT).
- Advice on using your computer well to make best use of your Assistive Technology.
- About resources to learn or improve your touch-typing skills.
- About Dragon Naturally Speaking – you talk, it types what you say.
- About free screen magnification and alteration options for the iPad and Windows.
- About magnification options for magnifying electronic and hard copies of text (incl. Zoomtext, Optiverso, Eclipse, Liberty Scholar.)
- About a variety of scanning, OCR, typing and other useful apps.
- About screen reading software (incl. JAWS and VoiceOver) and text to speech software (Kurzweil 100)
- How to get access to alternative learning materials and texts ( electronic, audio, large print, Braille).