Actions and Detail Panel
Hackathon: ALT Futures Hackathon, dlr LexIcon
Fri, 5 May 2017, 18:00 – Sat, 6 May 2017, 20:00 IST
ALT Futures Hackathon 2017
dlr LexIcon Hackathon on Assisted Living Technologies (ALT)
Friday 5th May: 6.00 - 8.00pm - Meet, Greet & Team up
Saturday 6th May: 9.30am - 8.00pm - Hackaton with Prize Giving at 7pm
Cost: €15.00 (includes lunch and refreshements) Participants must be 18+
Calling on all hackers, technology enthusiasts and assisted living advocates to register and take part in this exciting hackathon, looking to improve people's lives by developing new Assisted Living Technologies (ALTs)
The Challenge: Working with advocates interested in developing assisted living technologies this two day challenge will be to design and prototype possible technological solutions to solve real world challenges faced by those that traditionally require assistance by enabling them to have greater choice and independence in life.
A prize will be awarded for the winning project on Saturday 5th May.
What is a Hackathon?
Hackathons are a way of exploring technical solutions to social issues or ‘problems’. They involve getting a number of people together, usually for a day or two, to set out problems and devise potentially viable technologicalevent will harness both the energy and creativity of the programming and maker community and place it alongside the issues facing adult social care, hopefully to bring about innovative solutions.
Dr Jake Rowan Byrne will be running the hackathon and will provide tech support at the event. During the event there will be business pitch workshops and a tech helpdesk on Saturday 6th May.
Please note: There will be 2 Raspberry Pi and Arduino Workshops in April and a drop in Maker Evening in the LAB if participants are interested in up skilling before the hackathon. All workshops are free but booking is essential on eventbrite.
Please bring your own laptop to the event.
dlr LexIcon Lab Assisted Living Hackathon 2017
Rules and Waiver
Welcome to dlr LexIcon Lab! We’re delighted that you can participate in our Hackathon.
Before you join in the fun, we want to be certain that you understand that your participation is subject to rules and parameters.
1. You must be 18 years or over to participate.
2. The dlr LexIcon Lab Assisted Living Hackathon 2017 is intended to be an event where ideas are shared freely, and therefore any information that you share with other participants is at your own discretion. The Hackathon is an ‘Open Event’, therefore no Intellectual Property Rights can be filed on any ideas or content created / disclosed at the event.
3. dlr Libraries, DLR County Council and Metatech Ltd. (the Organisers) may use videos and photographs to record and promote the Hackathon. Photographs of attendees may be used on the Organisers’ webpages, e-Bulletins, promotional material and social media feeds. Local or national press may also photograph the event.
4. You are asked to comply with all facility and equipment rules and regulations during your participation in the Hackathon, including any safety instructions and requirements.
5. Participation or involvement in activities during the event are undertaken at your own risk.
Code of Conduct
The dlr LexIcon Lab Assisted Living Hackathon 2017 is a community Hackathon intended for collaboration and learning. The organisers value the participation of each member of the community and want all attendees to have an enjoyable and fulfilling experience. Accordingly, attendees are expected to show respect and courtesy to other attendees throughout the Hackathon. If an attendee engages in behaviour that violates this code of conduct, he/she may be asked to leave the event.