This 10 hour course is one of the most comprehensive goalkeeping courses available to Hurling coaches anywhere.
The practical elements of the course will provide candidates with the following elements:
- Specific goalkeeping warm ups and cool downs
- Coaching basic individual techniques including footwork, body position, catching, diving saves, dealing 1 v1 situations, and high dropping balls.
- Learning to improving first touch for the Goalkeepers.
- How to deliver effective puck outs and clearances
- Learning the position and basic tasks of a Goalkeeper within the team
- Improve the keeper’s ability to make good and quick decisions, identify methods to improve anticipation skills
- Analyzing the performance of the Goalkeeper, in real time and post-game.
- dentify the physical fitness requirements needed to be a Goalkeeper
- Develop coping strategy to re focus while playing match, dealing with Match day condition and setbacks
This course will be in a indoor 3G pitch in The ward cross at St Margaret’s on
- Monday 14thNov @ 7pm -9.30
- Wednesday 16th Nov @ 7pm -9.30
- Monday 21stNov @ 7pm -9.30
- Wednesday 23rd Nov @ 7pm -9.30
- Saturday 26th Nov @ 10am – 4pm
Cost : €120 (no payment necessary on booking)