The Irish Composers’ Collective presents ICC Speak, an event featuring 8 interdisciplinary installations in the Irish Architectural Archives. Installations include:
- Anna Clifford/Veronika Szabo: In Utero
- Robbie Blake (w/ Tonnta Music): Postal Notes
- Maria Minguella: Unheard (co-ord Robert Connell)
- Chris McAteer ( w/ Kirkos Ensemble): Speaking with the Past
- Aran O'Grady ( w/ Kirkos Ensemble): Tweet Responses
- Michelle O'Rourke: Elevated Speech
- Ena Brennan: Echo
- Final Concert: Kirkos Ensemble and Tonnta Music
Following on from last year's Takeover event, Speak seeks to explore communication through music in the 21st Century.
Audience members will be invited to engage, respond and interact with the installations throughout the night before a wine and canapés reception.
Kirkos Ensemble and Tonnta Music will close the event with the premiere of 6 new works by ICC composers, written in response to newly commissioned poetry by Nessa O'Mahony, Victoria Kennefick and Afric McGlinchey.
New Works include:
- Amy Rooney: Singing Anam Cara
- Shell Dooley: Three
- Richard Hughes: Week Eight
- Roisin Hayes: Three Little Birds
- Chris Moriarty-Pearson: String Trio
- Patrick O'Connor: Week Eight
ICC Speak is presented by the Irish Composers’ Collective in association with Ensemble Music, Kirkos Ensemble, Tonnta Music and the Irish Architectural Archives.
This event is kindly funded by the Arts Council Awards.
4th November 2016, 45 Merrion Sq. Dublin
Tickets: €15/10 Concession ( + booking fee)
Final Concert: 9-10pm