Actions and Detail Panel
The Story Tellers' Manifesto - 10 Rules for How to Be a Great Communicator
Wed 15 February 2017, 09:00 – 17:00 GMT
Do you work in PR or marketing? How do you get your message out?
The next time you are struggling to get the world to care remember this:
Communications is very simple – those with the best stories succeed.
We started our new agency ‘All Good Tales’ with a mission as simple as a great story:
We exist to help people to tell great stories.
In this 1-day course we will share the 10 beliefs of the story tellers manifesto – our creed about what it takes to be a great storyteller.
Because great stories solve big problems and overcome the most difficult of obstacles. Great stories defeat apathy by identifying, arousing and exciting people’s basest needs and getting them to act.
You will learn:
- How can you become a better storyteller?
- And what do you need to do to get the world to sit up and take notice of your story?
The storytellers’ manifesto
1. Always remember the true power of communications – it changes people’s minds and gets them to act.
2. Everyone is creative – to have better ideas you need to practise creativity every day.
3. Always have a compelling mission. What are you trying to change in the world? If you know what you want to achieve, everything else is easier.
4. Get to know your audience and every day try and be insanely relevant to them.
5. Communicate emotion and with emotion – it always trumps rational argument.
6. Be yourself – find your own voice and communicate with personality.
7. Always strive to do better work. People who want to be great, have better taste and instincts.
8. Never stop building and nurturing your network. You can never know enough people and they will always help you.
9. If you can’t explain it in a single sentence, don’t bother. Every story needs a compelling headline – write that first and the rest will flow.
10. Have an instinct for your topic. People with finely-tuned instincts love their subject and develop the power of nerd’s knowledge.
Super early bird tickets are available for €299 until 3pm on December 16th.
Early bird tickets are €375 from December 17th.
Full price tickets are €450.
To book your place you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01) 2541845.